Everyone knows that one of the best companions to a fun day in the sun at the beach is the perfect cold drink in hand. Get ready to dig your toes into the sand and lather on that tanning oil because we’ve come up with the perfect list of 5 of our favorite drinks (other than a margarita) to try on the beach this summer while enjoying your Romantic Zone accommodation:
1. Sangria: Sangria is a delicious, never-fails kind of drink that is perfect for a day in the sun. Light enough to have more than just one, and perfect for Puerto Vallarta because you can add essentially any type of fruit you’d like to create all kinds of different flavors. Use red or white wine, some orange juice, something fizzy, and whatever else you can find! It’s almost impossible to go wrong.
2. Michelada: Finding a michelada in the Romantic Zone is probably one of the easiest things to do. Actually, you might end up finding yourself trying to find the BEST one of all. Everyone has a different recipe for this drink made up primarily of an ice cold beer, clamato juice, freshly squeezed lime, and a mixture of different sauces and salsas. How spicy can you go?
3. Cucumber Gin and Tonic: Looking for something a little more refreshing? Why not try a muddled cucumber gin and tonic? Careful, these guys tend to creep up on you.
4. Sex on the Beach:Appropriate for more reasons than just its name, this cranberry-peach fruity deliciousness is perfect for the beach. Usually served on the rocks, but try it frozen for an extra icy cool-down!
5. Paloma:Also a very popular beverage here in Puerto Vallarta is the Paloma. One of the reasons for its popularity is its utmost simplicity. Tequila with grapefruit soda and a wedge of lime, and voila! you’ve got yourself a Paloma. Try it with soda water for a less sugary option.