By now we all know that we need to protect ourselves from skin damage and premature aging by being diligent with sunscreen. But we understand that it’s easy for the hours to past while you are lounging by our pool or our rooftop terrace, enjoying a cold beverage and some good company, and before you know it….ouch!….you’ve managed to get a sunburn.
We have some quick tips for easing the sting of a sunburn so you can enjoy your Puerto Vallarta vacation and the rest of your stay in our luxury accommodations in the Romantic Zone with as little discomfort as possible.
- Take frequent cool showers or baths
- Use a moisturizer with aloe vera to sooth the skin
- Use aspirin or ibuprofen to help reduce any swelling, redness and discomfort
- Don’t pick at or pop any blisters, which can lead to an infection
- Cover up and keep out of the sun until you have healed
And of course, the best course of action is to prevent a sunburn at all, so reapply, reapply, reapply!