It’s no secret that Puerto Vallarta and the surrounding area is home to some spectacular beaches, but when it comes to deciding on which one to go to while enjoying your luxury accommodation in Puerto Vallarta, things can get a little overwhelming. Here is a short list of 5 beaches that in our opinion, you simply can’t miss!
- Colomitos Beach. Colomitos is a small, but incredibly beautiful hidden beach about 5 minutes in water taxi or a 30-45 minute hike from Boca de Tomatlán. This beach boasts stunning turquoise waters and has a charming little creek that leads up to a small waterfall. It truly is one of Puerto Vallarta’s hidden gems.
- Mismaloya. This beach is basically where Puerto Vallarta began as a sleepy little fisherman’s town before Hollywood motion picture, “Night of the Iguana”. This gorgeous little cove has plenty of restaurants to choose from to enjoy some fresh seafood and a refreshing drink.
- Los Muertos. Smack dab in the middle of Old Town, and blocks away from your Romantic Zone luxury accommodation, Los Muertos Beach is known for it’s fantastic restaurants and beach clubs, especially for any LGBT tourists.
- Quimixto. Quimixto is a fascinating little village that is only accessible by boat. This beach is perfect for those who love adventures. Ride on horseback or hike through the jungle until you eventually reach an incredible waterfall and freshwater swimming pool, then head back down for a home-style lunch at any of the restaurants on the beach!
- San Pancho. North of Sayulita is a quaint little surfing town known as “San Francisco” or San Pancho. This hidden jewel is great for surfers looking for waves or for beachgoers looking to soak up the sun for a day.
Of course, there are many more beaches in and around Puerto Vallarta that are perfect for enjoying aquatic sports, snorkelling, surfing, suntanning, eating, and much more! This list should at least help get you started when choosing which ones to visit on your trip!